Dharma Items Request Policy
Please read the following Dharma items distribution and application policy
before submitting an application form.
While the libraryˇ¦s workload has increased, the number of volunteers remains limited. In order to more efficiently serve the increasing number of Dharma item requests from the United States and abroad, we are introducing a standardized request policy effective immediately. The policy is as follows:
- Applicants are encouraged to acquire needed Dharma items from the Pure Land school organizations nearby you first.
- An application form must be submitted for all requests for Dharma materials, whether it is for an individual, an organization, or an activity. When an organization or an activity applies for Dharma items, the requested quantity, the purposes, and the nature of the activity must be specified on the form. The form can be submitted in person or via e-mail (email@example.com) which is preferred. It may also be submitted via regular mail or fax (630-428-9961, 630-416-6175). If coming in person, it is suggested that you call before coming.
- If you are within a one-hour drive of the library, we ask that you come in person to collect your Dharma items to eliminate unnecessary packing and mailing work for the volunteers. If this is difficult and you truly cannot come in person, please contact the cataloging team and we will assess the situation and determine if we can serve you.
- To facilitate Dharma item circulation, applications are limited to five items in total. If the requested Dharma items come in sets, the limit is one set. These items may be books, CDs, etc. If you have special circumstances and need more than the allowed amount, please contact the cataloging team and the library will assess your situation and determine if we can serve you.
- To show respect to all Dharma items and to avoid waste, all Dharma applications must be from the applicants themselves. If anyone has a special circumstance and wishes to acquire Dharma items for others, please explain the situation on the application form. The library will notify you of our decision.
- All requests are handled subject the itemsˇ¦ availability, the specified purposes, and/or the nature of the activity. We at the library will do our best to meet your needs.
All Dharma items for distribution are sponsored by Dharma friends.
Please appreciate these items and take good care of them.
All donations are warmly welcomed and appreciated.